||Investment Consultant/ Implemented Consultant
||Executive Head: Investment Consulting
||JHB – Head Office
|Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the job is to design, construct and manage the NMG investment range into investment solutions for both external and NMG clients.Key Performance Objectives
- Act as the Key individual for the investment product range (Multi manager solution)
- Utilisation of NMG’s internal IP to research, design and develop a range of investment products to be utilised via NMG’s client base.
- Responsibility for the day to day oversight, management, implementation oversight of all investment products via NMG’s appointed investment partners.
- Preparing investment analysis proposal documents, new business client presentations and investment report back presentations for institutional retirement funds
- Keeping abreast of financial market trends and developments
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Attending and presenting client investment report back meetings where applicable
- Attending investment and risk product development committee meetings and to ensure proper minutes of all matters discussed.
- Attending Joint investment committee meetings
- Compliance oversight of staff under supervision.
- Assisting in updating of Technical Marketing documentation (Investments brochures, Fee disclosure documents, Investment presentations) on a monthly basis
- Distribution of Financial Markets literature) to all stakeholders invested within Investment range
- Assisting with implemented consulting (ad-hoc Asset Liability Modelling (ALM) and Net Replacement Ratio (NRR) exercises, drafting of IPS’s, reviewing of client investment strategies)
- Providing technical investment support within all of the NMG divisions.
- Business development will form part of overall performance scorecard criteria.
| Education Requirements
- Essential Qualifications: University Degree in Finance, Investment Management, Economics or Business and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Certifications: FAIS related accreditation/qualification RE1, RE 3 and RE 5
| Minimum Experience Level
- 6-8 Year’s client facing and investment experience as investment manager.
|Competencies (skills required)
- MS Office Competency
- Business writing skills
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Investment market industry trends
- Good business acumen
- Self-Control, Initiative, Analytical Thinking, Professionalism, Administration Skills
- Friendly and diplomatic nature with a passion for people
- Maturity to speak confidently with intermediaries and clients
- Have an aptitude to learn different products
- Possess the highest standards of personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Cope with shifting priorities
- Ensure conformity with processes and rules
- Organised and self-disciplined
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Numeric and Verbal Ability
- Quality Focus (Attention to detail and Accuracy)
- Adaptability, Stress tolerance
- Ability to deal with complexity of different types of calls and clients
- Ability to prioritise and function positively under pressure
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for tasks done
- Ability to relate to others