| Position Name
||Regional Manager – JHB EB Consulting
| Reports to
||Executive Head – Employee Benefit Consulting
|1. Purpose of the Job
- To be responsible for the consulting division in Johannesburg, the largest branch
- To ensure the appropriate development and execution of the NMG strategy in respect of the retirement fund arena, which includes the roll out of strategic initiatives, overall responsibility for the client delivery of consulting services, as well as the acquisition of new business and the cross sell strategy for the consulting division.
- Working closely with the Head of EB in driving the business forward to yield the required results
|2. Summary statement
- The Regional Manager – JHB EB Consulting ill manage a key division within NMG’s retirement division, which is undergoing significant change as the employee benefits landscape, and regulation changes
- This person will as a result also serve on the Division’s Management Committee (Manco)
- This role is expected to make a significant contribution to both the formulation, and the execution of the strategic direction of the retirement funds division
- The role will also manage the teams (currently 4, each managed by a team leader) in the JHB branch.
- The incumbent will be based in the Johannesburg office and may travel to Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth
|3. Key responsibilities
- Assist the Head of EB Consulting, together with Manco, to define the strategic objectives of the Retirement Fund Consulting division
- Together with the Head of EB Consulting and Manco, convert the retirement funds division strategy into clear prioritized initiatives
- Identify and manage the successful delivery of key operational, strategic, and tactical projects and initiatives, which would include ( but not be limited to) client facing delivery priorities or projects that will expand the services and solution offering of the division
- Overall responsibility for the JHB consulting division, managing of the consulting staff, as well as the mentorship, and leadership of individuals within the division.
- Being the largest branch, JHB is also often the branch that determine the roll out of initiatives nationally. This will therefore also involve a co-ordination role.
- Together with Manco, have an overall responsibility for the financial results of the division, which include the setting of the budgets, and ensuring the attainment of these budgets, as well as embarking on a program to ensure that the division attains the margins required by the Board.
- Being able to take a clients through an actuarial valuation report at a high level
|The management of the JHB EB Consulting Operation will include:
- Give strong input into the strategy for the consulting business
- Effectively implement the strategy, once agreed, as well as other agreed initiatives within JHB, and ensure delivery within agreed timeframes
- Together with Manco, set a consulting pricing, and servicing model, which differentiates between the needs of different client segments, based on the nature of their consulting needs.
- Ensure that the pricing model results in the desired margins across the various client segments
- Agree on the business objectives, and ensure the operational roll out of these initiatives in JHB
- Drive the penetration of NMG products and services with in the NMG client base in JHB
- Management of the various consulting teams and staff in JHB, setting training and minimum standards within the division, together with the best practice champion and Manco
- Ensure the role out of appropriate client servicing, and pricing models, and ensure the appropriate servicing of our consulting clients, as well as upsell of services
- Be ultimately responsible for FAIS within the division, and be the key individual for the division
- Perform a strategic relationship manager for key consulting clients in JHB
- Ensure that all JHB clients enjoy the appropriate servicing from NMG and ensuring the appropriate client management program is in place
- Together with the Head of EB Consulting, set budgets for the JHB division, ensure the attainment of these budgets, as well as the appropriate review of the monthly accounts, income and debtors schedules.
|4. Key requirements
- Relevant degree, at least NQF 6
- At least 5 years relevant consulting, new business experience
- At least 5 years management experience
- Successful client servicing, and new business track record a advantage
- FAIS accredited, with excellent technical knowledge of the industry
- The position carries key individual responsibilities.
|4.2 Skills required
- Sense of urgency
- Driver that is self-motivated, with the ability to work independently on multiple initiatives
- Results orientated individual, who is high energy, and high output, with excellent implementation, and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively influence, and communicate cross functionally, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate with a high level of enthusiasm and flexibility in a fast paced, evolving team and landscape environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to balance strategic and operational demands
- Excellent inter personal skills with the ability to build relationships with staff, clients, as well as other key stakeholders
- Good technical understanding of the employee benefits landscape, the current legislation, as well as the current regulation and future trends.
- High level of understanding and knowledge of actuarial valuation reports