Mandela Day Ideas
If you aren’t sure how to get involved, here are some ideas:
- Put together stationery packs for children at under-resourced schools.
- Organize a neighborhood clean-up for a Saturday morning.
- Make ‘care kits’ (comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, face cloth, etc.) for patients at a nearby government hospital.
- Arrange a tea party for a retirement home or orphanage.
- Make sandwiches to give to homeless people.
- Offer to read stories at a children’s home.
- Learn first aid, become a blood donor, or register as an organ donor.
- Set up a recycling system for your home or start a car-pool with your colleagues.
- Offer to do some maintenance at the offices of a local non-profit organization.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Donate books or old tablets/computers to your local library or to under-resourced schools.
- Mow the garden or clean the windows or run errands for a senior citizen.
- Teach someone how to use a computer or tutor someone who needs help learning your home language.
The information in this communication is for information purposes and is not intended to be detailed advice described in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act. The fund, administrator and trustees cannot be held liable for damage or loss suffered as a result of any action that you take based on the contents of this communication.